Yo Ho! It's Talk Like A Pirate Day and what better way to celebrate than by testing your knowledge of both rock and scallywags.
We've taken well known lyrics from some hit classic rock songs and translated them into pirate-speak. How many of the 20 can you identify?
1. "Thar's a beauty who's sure/All that glitters be gold/'n she's buyin' a stairway t' Fiddler's Green."
2. "Aye, I be let loose/From th' hempen halter/That's kept me hangin' about."
3. "Mama, jus' scuttled a scallywag/Put a gun against his head/Pulled me trigger, now he's dead."
4. "I found th' simple life ain't so simple/When I jumped out, on that road/I got no love, no love ye'd call real/Ain't got nobody, waitin' at galleon/Runnin' wit' th' Davy Jones."
5. "Finished wit' me strumpet 'cause she couldn't help me wit' me mind/Scallywags reckon I be insane 'cause I be frownin' all th' time/All day long I reckon o' thin's but naught seems t' satisfy/Reckon I'll lose me mind if I don't find somethin' t' pacify/Can ye help me, occupy me brain?"
6. "Now 'n then when I see her face/She loots me away t' that special ship 'n if I'd stare too long/I'd prolly break down 'n cry/Oh, oh, oh sweet sprog o' mine."
7. "Big wheels keep on turnin'/Carry me ship t' see me kin/Singin' chanties about th' south-land/I miss 'ole' 'bamy once again 'n I reckon 'tis a sin."
8. "Some folks are born made t' wave th' Jolly Roger/Ooh, they be red, white 'n blue/'n when th' band plays "Hail t' th' chief"/Ooh, they point th' cannon at ye, Lord."
9. "Up ahead in th' distance, I saw a shimmerin' light/Me head grew heavy 'n me sight grew dim/I had t' stop fer th' night/Thar she stood in th' doorway, I heard th' mission bell/'n I was thinkin' t' meself/'This could be Fiddler's Green or this could be Davy Jones' locker.'"
10. "She's got peg legs, she knows how t' use them/She ne'er begs, she knows how t' choose them."
11. "Lord, I was born a ramblin' scallywag/Tryin' t' make a livin' 'n doin' th' best I can/'n when 'tis time fer leavin'/I hope ye'll understand/That I was born a ramblin' scallywag."
12. "Wha' did it matter t' ya/When ye got a job t' do ye got t' do it well/Ye got t' give th' other fella Davy Jones' locker."
13. "I wants ye t' wants me/I needs ye t' needs me/I'd love ye t' love me/I be beggin' ye t' beg me."
14. "No more pencils no more books/No more cap'n's dirty looks yeah/Well we got no crew/'n we got no principals/'n we got no innocence/We can nah even reckon o' a word that rhymes."
15. "American strumpet, stay away from me/American strumpet, mama let me be/Don't come hangin' around me door/I don't wanna see yer face no more."
16. "Ye ain't seen nothin' yet/S-s-s-sprog, ye jus' ain't seen n-n-nothin' yet/Here's somethin' that ye ne'er gonna forget/S-s-s-sprog, ye jus' ain't seen n-n-nothin' yet."
17. "I be on me way/I be on me way/Home sweet galleon."
18. "If I go, thar will be trouble/'n if I stay 'twill be double/So come on 'n let me know."
19. "How ye was, where ye could be found/Told 'em ye were livin' downtown/Drivin' all th' ole scallywags crazy/Th' lads are back in town."
20. "Slow ride, loot it easy/Slow ride, loot it easy."
Scroll down for all ye answers...
1. "Stairway to Heaven" - Led Zeppelin
2. "Back in Black" - AC/DC
3. "Bohemian Rhapsody" - Queen
4. "Runnin' With the Devil" - Van Halen
5. "Paranoid" - Black Sabbath
6. "Sweet Child O' Mine" - Guns N' Roses
7. "Sweet Home Alabama" - Lynyrd Skynyrd
8. "Fortunate Son" - Creedence Clearwater Revival
9. "Hotel California" - Eagles
10. "Legs" - ZZ Top
11. "Ramblin' Man" - Allman Brothers Band
12. "Live And Let Die" - Paul McCartney & Wings
13. "I Want You To Want Me" - Cheap Trick
14. "School's Out" - Alice Cooper
15. "American Woman" - The Guess Who
16. "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet" - Bachman-Turner Overdrive
17. "Home Sweet Home" - Motley Crue
18. "Should I Stay Or Should I Go" - The Clash
19. "The Boys Are Back In Town" - Thin Lizzy
20. "Slow Ride" - Foghat
Photo Credit: Getty