IGN.com somehow assembled a list of 'The 100 Greatest Movie Moments' . . . stretching from black-and-white classics to modern blockbusters. It's obviously a pretty subjective thing, and they didn't really explain their process. But while I like most of what they picked, I'm not sure I agree with their number one. I think some of the moments that are later down on the list are better than the "I Am Your Father" scene in Empire Strikes Back. You can see the top ten below and if you want the complete list, just click here. Tell me your number one favorite movie moment of all time. I love the bike flying scene in ET. I also love King Kong climbing to the top of the Empire State Building. Okay now tell me yours!
So, let's just get straight to the list . . . here's the Top 10:
1. The legendary 'I Am Your Father' scene from "Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back", 1980.
2. The 'Make Him an Offer He Can't Refuse' scene from "The Godfather", 1972.
3. The 'Rosebud' scene from "Citizen Kane", 1941.
4. The 'You Talkin' to Me?' scene from "Taxi Driver", 1976.
5. The 'You're Going to Need a Bigger Boat' scene from "Jaws", 1975.
6. The 'Shower Scene' from "Psycho", 1960.
7. The 'Flying Bikes' scene from "E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial", 1982.
8. The 'Frankly My Dear, I Don't Give a Damn' scene from "Gone with the Wind", 1939.
9. The 'Here's Lookin' at You, Kid' scene from "Casablanca", 1942.
10. The gruesome 'Chestburster' scene from "Alien", 1979.