There are all kinds of great events and music coming to the Empire State Plaza this summer! Acts like Dennis DeYoung, Brian Setzer, Salt 'N Pepa and more! Plus great festivals and more. Check out the list below, thanks to the Times Union. I want to go to all of them! What about you? Let me know what you think on the TRY Facebook page.
- New York State's Fourth of July Celebration: Thursday, July 4, 3-10 p.m.Price Chopper and Market 32 have presented this annual event since 1976. There will be live music including a performance by Dennis DeYoung and the music of Styx, fireworks naturalization ceremony, dozens of food and craft vendors and activities for kids.
- Kids Day: Noon-5 p.m. Saturday, July 13. Live music, balloons, face painting, bounce rides, magic shows, Touch-a-Truck display, the Two by Two Zoo and more. Jay, Kumi, and Crick of the animated childrn's TV series "Beat Bugs" will take the stage for a singalong featuring songs made famous by The Beatles.
- Black Arts & Cultural Festival: 2-7 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 3.An updated take on a classic celebration of the traditions and cultural contributions of the black community through music, art, dance, and more. Featured performance by singer-songwriter Mya.
- New York State Food Festival: 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 7. A day of live musical entertainment including by Brian Setzer's Rockabilly Riot and a food and drink showcase of New York producers and specialty products.
- 5-9 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 18: Hops & Harvest Festival. The festival returns for its second year in 2019. The event celebrates the best of what autumn has to offer in upstate New York. Music by The Dawg Trio with David Grisman, Sam Grisman, and Danny Barnes.
- 6-10 p.m. Saturday, Sept, 28: Hispanic Heritage Celebration. Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with this tribute to Latin culture with a colorful pageantry of live music, dance, food, and family friendly activities. Featuring music by Toby Love.
Capital Concert Series
The series offers concerts from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays.
- July 17: The Wallflowers
- July 24: Stephen Marley
- July 31: Eric Paslay
- Aug. 14: Salt-N-Pepa
Lunchtime at the Plaza: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays, June through August. Summer fun and food with the popular Empire State Plaza Farmers Market, the plaza food truck program and lunchtime musical performances, from noon to 1 p.m., that cross many genres.
Aurora Games NY Kickoff at the Plaza: 5 p.m. Monday, Aug. 19: Celebrate the start of the Aurora Games at with a screening of "A League of Their Own" on the Plaza's main stage. Festivities will include presentations and meet-and-greet opportunities with star athletes of the 2019 Aurora Games. Fireworks will close the evening.