Things are heating up on Season 30 of “Dancing With The Stars.” Tyra Banks is back for her second round as host alongside judges Carrie Ann Inaba, Derek Hough, Len Goodman and Bruno Tonioli. Disney Week is here, which means the remaining 13 couples had to prepare two performances this week. Last night was Heroes night, and the duos were also up for the Mickey Mouse Challenge, where they had to incorporate a short piece of choreography courtesy of Mickey Mouse somewhere in their routine. Here’s what happened:
- JoJo Siwa and Jenna channeled Prince Charming and Cinderella for their Viennese Waltz to “A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes” – if you’re wondering, JoJo played Prince Charming. They served plenty of chemistry, and grace, and earned a high score of 35 from the judges to kick things off.
- Mel C and Gleb did a Jazz routine to “Step In Time” from “Mary Poppins.” Mel seemed a little distracted throughout the routine, which, to her credit, was fast and stuffed with content. They pulled it off well, though, getting a 31 from the judges.
- Matt James and Lindsay did a Quickstep to “The Incredits” from “The Incredibles,” dressed up as Frozone and Edna. Matt did well considering he was wearing a full helmet, visor and bodysuit… but they didn’t exactly impress the judges, scoring a 26.
- Olivia Jade and Val did a “Lion King”-inspired Samba to “I Just Can’t Wait To Be King.” They looked like they were having a blast during the energetic routine, and scored well with the judges, earning a 35.
- Cody Rigsby and Cheryl Burke reunited in the ballroom after having to spend some time apart when she tested positive for COVID. They did a Jive routine to “Stand Out” from “A Goofy Movie,” and while Cody seemed more confident than unusual, the judges only gave them a 27.
- The highest score of the night? That went to Melora Hardin and pro Artem, earning a 36 for their Quickstep to “The Jungle Book.”
- The lowest score? Brian Austin Green and Sharna didn’t do so hot with their Waltz to “Someday My Prince Will Come” from “Snow White.” What they lack in technique they make up for in plenty of chemistry considering they’re dating in real life… but the judges only gave them a 25.
Here’s the rest of the scores:
- Jimmie Allen and Emma did a Paso Doble to “I’ll Make A Man Out Of You” and scored a 30.
- Amanda Kloots and Alan did the Rumba to “You’ll Be In My Heart” from Tarzan and got a 32.
- The Miz and Witney did a Quickstep to “Friend Like Me” from “Aladdin” and scored a 31.
- Kenya Moore and Brandon did a Contemporary routine to “How Far I’ll Go” from Moana and scored a 29.
- Suni Lee and Sasha did the Salsa to “Colombia, Mi Encanto” from “Encanto” and got a score of 33.
- Iman Shupert and Daniella closed things out with a Foxtrot to “Let It Go” from “Frozen,” scoring a 30.
The good news about last night’s episode? In line with the “Heroes” theme, there were no losers! Jimmie and Emma got bonus points from the Mickey Mouse Challenge, raising their score to 32… and we’ll have to wait to see who’s eliminated. Tonight is Disney Villains night! Tune in to “Dancing With The Stars” at 8pm on ABC.