If you had a bowl of cereal for breakfast today, congratulations. You were being festive and didn't even know it . . . because it's National Cereal Day! An online poll recently asked people to name the best cereal to eat WITHOUT milk. Do you have a favorite that you snack on? Over 150,000 people voted, and Cinnamon Toast Crunch was named the best "dry cereal" to eat without milk. Honey Nut Cheerios was next, and then Cookie Crisp. I can get behind the Cookie Crisp and I'll tell you why. When I was in high school, back in my Catholic High days, I would sneak a baggie of Cookie Crisp into the library with me. Now there was no talking and definitely no eating in the library, but I was a bit of a rebel. So I would sneak my Cookie Crisp as a snack while I was doing my work. So yeah, Cookie Crisp rocks without milk. What's your favorite cereal to eat dry? Let me know on the TRY Facebook page.
Meanwhile, here are a few more cereal stats . . .
1. What's the best KIND of milk to use? 2% got the most votes, followed by whole milk . . . and soy or almond milk. Only one in nine people think skim milk is best.
2. Do you pour the cereal in your bowl first, or the milk first? 6% of us go milk-first.
3. What's the best fruity cereal? Froot Loops got the most votes. Fruity Pebbles was a close second.
4. What's the best chocolatey cereal? Cocoa Puffs, followed by Cocoa Pebbles.
5. What type of cereal leaves behind the best milk? The three that got the most votes were Cocoa Puffs, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and Frosted Flakes.