Today is Earth Day! Here are five easy things you can do that will help save the planet . . .
1. Turn the faucet off when you're brushing your teeth, washing your face, or shaving, to save water.
2. Speaking of water, you can help reduce the number of plastic water bottles that end up in our oceans and landfills by using reusable water bottles.
3. Also, look for leaks in your house. A leaky toilet can waste 200 gallons a day. Yes, per DAY. To detect a leak in your toilet, add food coloring to the tank water. If the colored water appears in the bowl, the toilet is leaking.
4. Take reusable shopping bags with you to the grocery store, Target, or even the mall, and skip the plastic bags as often as you can.
5. Walk or bike instead of driving. It helps cut CO2 emissions AND you'll get in some exercise.
There are also all kinds of events going on around the Capital Region that you can take part in for Earth Day! Click here to get the full list and to find the event in your area! Let's all help save the planet together!