January can sometimes bring on the blues. The holidays are over and we're in the thick of winter, but it doesn't have to be that way. There are so many cool things to do in the Capital Region this month, so don't miss out! First up, Van Gogh, the Immersive Experience continues at the Schenectady Armory. I have already seen the show the twice and will definitely go back again. (See my video below). The show is running through February 26th, so go see it...it's amazing
This month also brings us the Lake George Ice Castles opening on January 27th and running through February 20th! And there are winter carnivals, beer festivals and more! Check out the list below, courtesy of the Times Union:
- The Glacier Ice Bar & Lounge at The Sagamore Resort in Bolton Landing will be open Jan. 20-21 and Jan. 27-28. Get details.
- The Fire & Ice Bar at The Mill on Round Lake will be open on the first three Fridays and Saturdays in February starting Feb. 3. Get details.
- Long Lake Winter Carnival, Jan. 14. Learn more.
- Winter Festival at Grafton Lakes State Park, Jan. 21. Learn more.
- Bethlehem Winter Carnival, Jan. 28. Learn more.
- Cooperstown Winter Carnival, Feb. 2-5. Learn more.
- Lake George Winter Carnival, Saturdays and Sundays in February. Learn more.
- Saranac Lake Winter Carnival, Feb. 3-12. Learn more.
To all the beer-lovers out there: The place to be on Jan. 28 is the New York State Craft Brewers Festival at The Desmond, where you can sample beers from over 50 breweries from around the state. Learn more and get tickets.