Someone came up with a cheat sheet with 15 rules for communicating in the digital age. See how many of these you agree with . . .Would you add any? My reactions are in bold.
1. Don't randomly FaceTime people. If you want to video chat, shoot them a text first. - I totally agree!
2. One-word texts like "K" and "LOL" are conversation killers. Don't respond with one-word replies, unless you don't want to talk anymore. - Huh? lol
3. If someone you know comments on a photo or video you posted, you should respond. Not necessarily a written response. A "like" or "love" is okay. - Agree
4. Don't switch to a different form of communication. Meaning if someone emails you, respond via email, don't text. And if they text, don't email.
5. Don't "like" your own posts. It makes you look desperate to get the number up.
6. Don't ASK for "likes," comments, or shares. Again, lame.
7. Don't take hours to return a text, unless there's a good reason. - RIGHT!
8. If someone doesn't text back right away, settle down. It's not a big deal. - True, but within a couple hours or it's just rude.
9. But . . . if you have time to post on Snapchat or Instagram, you have time to return a text. So don't get caught. - Point above made :)
10. You don't have to leave a voice message. Everyone has caller I.D. So you can stop leaving message like, "Hey, it's me. Just calling to check in." - YES
11. If someone asks you multiple questions via text, address all of them. Don't just reply to one part of the message. - YES. Annoying.
12. Don't go on Facebook and post a bunch of cheesy quotes or memes back-to-back. - SOOOOOO dumb. Especially when you think you're dropping sarcastic hints.
13. It's perfectly acceptable to just text "happy birthday" now. - SO SO Sad. Should not be acceptable unless it is just to an acquaintance.
14. Don't start so many group chats via text. It's insane how many times your phone goes off. So half of the people in the group are just annoyed the whole time.
15. Try not to deliver bad news through text or social media. It's the one time when face-to-face or a phone call is still the way to go. - Agreed